Zona de identificação
Código de referência
Título
Data(s)
Nível de descrição
Dimensão e suporte
Zona do contexto
Entidade detentora
Fonte imediata de aquisição ou transferência
Zona do conteúdo e estrutura
Âmbito e conteúdo
Avaliação, seleção e eliminação
Incorporações
Sistema de arranjo
Zona de condições de acesso e utilização
Condições de acesso
Condiçoes de reprodução
Idioma do material
inglês
Sistema de escrita do material
latim
Notas ao idioma e script
Características físicas e requisitos técnicos
Instrumentos de descrição
Zona de documentação associada
Existência e localização de originais
Existência e localização de cópias
Unidades de descrição relacionadas
Zona das notas
Nota
Draft
Nota
Open
Nota
'The expansion of the Company property southwards began in 1811 with the purchases of the freehold of no. 32 and of the leasehold of no. 38 Ludgate Hill in the hope of improving the approach to the Hall. In 1824 the Merchant Tailors' Company, the landlord of no. 38, granted a 26-year lease at a rent of £140, on condition that the Stationers spent £500 on repairs. An attempt to buy the property in 1850 was unsuccessful, and even before the building of the new entrance in 1886 the interest in this approach had died; no. 32 was resold in 1881. But interest in the houses to the east of Cock Alley steadily increased. No. 22 Ludgate Hill was bought, rebuilt and let to Simpkins [tenants of the English Stock] in 1900; no. 20 was purchased in 1930, nos. 24 to 28 (mostly destroyed by enemy action) in 1951 and no. 18, at the corner of Ave Maria Lane, in 1953.' (Blagden, The Stationers Company, p. 228)