Zona de identificação
Código de referência
Título
Data(s)
Nível de descrição
Dimensão e suporte
Zona do contexto
Entidade detentora
Fonte imediata de aquisição ou transferência
Zona do conteúdo e estrutura
Âmbito e conteúdo
Avaliação, seleção e eliminação
Incorporações
Sistema de arranjo
Zona de condições de acesso e utilização
Condições de acesso
Condiçoes de reprodução
Idioma do material
inglês
Sistema de escrita do material
latim
Notas ao idioma e script
Características físicas e requisitos técnicos
Instrumentos de descrição
Zona de documentação associada
Existência e localização de originais
Existência e localização de cópias
Unidades de descrição relacionadas
Zona das notas
Nota
Draft
Nota
Open
Nota
In 1554 the Stationers' Company moved its headquarters from Milk Street, in the parish of St. Mary Magdalen, to Peter's College, on the south-west side of St. Paul's Churchyard, at the centre of the city's book trade. Peter's College had belonged to St. Paul's and stood immediately to the east of the Deanery. Successive alterations were made to the premises to accommodate the growing requirements of the Company, but it soon became apparent that the building was too small. In 1606 the old Hall was leased to Edward Kynnaston, a vintner, and from then on the property was known as the Feathers Tavern. The property continued to provide an income to the Company until its sale to Alderman Sir William Turner in the early 1670s. (Source: Blagden, The Stationers' Company, pp. 206-208)