Identificatie
referentie code
Titel
Datum(s)
Beschrijvingsniveau
Omvang en medium
Context
archiefbewaarplaats
Directe bron van verwerving of overbrenging
Inhoud en structuur
Bereik en inhoud
Waardering, vernietiging en slectie
Aanvullingen
Ordeningstelsel
Voorwaarden voor toegang en gebruik
Voorwaarden voor raadpleging
Voorwaarden voor reproductie
Taal van het materiaal
Engels
Schrift van het materiaal
Latijn
Taal en schrift aantekeningen
Fysieke eigenschappen en technische eisen
Toegangen
Verwante materialen
Bestaan en verblifplaats van originelen
Bestaan en verblijfplaats van kopieën
Related units of description
Aantekeningen
Aantekening
Draft
Aantekening
Open
Aantekening
In 1554 the Stationers' Company moved its headquarters from Milk Street, in the parish of St. Mary Magdalen, to Peter's College, on the south-west side of St. Paul's Churchyard, at the centre of the city's book trade. Peter's College had belonged to St. Paul's and stood immediately to the east of the Deanery. Successive alterations were made to the premises to accommodate the growing requirements of the Company, but it soon became apparent that the building was too small. In 1606 the old Hall was leased to Edward Kynnaston, a vintner, and from then on the property was known as the Feathers Tavern. The property continued to provide an income to the Company until its sale to Alderman Sir William Turner in the early 1670s. (Source: Blagden, The Stationers' Company, pp. 206-208)