Zone d'identification
Cote
Titre
Date(s)
Niveau de description
Étendue matérielle et support
Zone du contexte
Source immédiate d'acquisition ou de transfert
Zone du contenu et de la structure
Portée et contenu
Évaluation, élimination et calendrier de conservation
Accroissements
Mode de classement
Zone des conditions d'accès et d'utilisation
Conditions d'accès
Conditions de reproduction
Langue des documents
anglais
Écriture des documents
latin
Notes de langue et graphie
Caractéristiques matérielle et contraintes techniques
Instruments de recherche
Zone des sources complémentaires
Existence et lieu de conservation des originaux
Existence et lieu de conservation des copies
Unités de description associées
Zone des notes
Note
Draft
Note
Open
Note
In 1554 the Stationers' Company moved its headquarters from Milk Street, in the parish of St. Mary Magdalen, to Peter's College, on the south-west side of St. Paul's Churchyard, at the centre of the city's book trade. Peter's College had belonged to St. Paul's and stood immediately to the east of the Deanery. Successive alterations were made to the premises to accommodate the growing requirements of the Company, but it soon became apparent that the building was too small. In 1606 the old Hall was leased to Edward Kynnaston, a vintner, and from then on the property was known as the Feathers Tavern. The property continued to provide an income to the Company until its sale to Alderman Sir William Turner in the early 1670s. (Source: Blagden, The Stationers' Company, pp. 206-208)